Ah, consent management platforms. The unsung heroes of the internet.
Okay, that might be a bit dramatic, but these snarky little tools are essential for any website that wants to stay compliant with GDPR (or any other data protection law).
But with so many options on the market, which one is right for you?
Don’t worry; we’re here to help!
We’ve compiled the top seven consent management platforms on the market today so that you can find the perfect one for your business.
Let’s get straight into it!
What are the best consent management platforms?
Here are our 7 top picks of the best consent management software you should consider using to stay GDPR compliant.
CookieYes is a top-of-the-line GDPR compliance software that offers comprehensive Consent Management solutions for businesses and organizations. With its advanced features, you can easily achieve compliance with the latest regulations and protect your customers’ data privacy.
One of the top features of CookieYes is its ability to detect and categorize cookies on your website automatically. This allows you to generate detailed cookie audit reports and understand exactly what data is being collected and how it’s used.
With its extensive database of over 100,000 pre-categorized cookies, you can easily ensure compliance with the latest GDPR.
CookieYes also offers a fully customizable cookie banner that allows you to inform visitors about the cookies used on your website and seek their consent for data collection. This feature makes it easy to manage all your cookie compliance needs in one place and keep track of user consent records.
In addition to its robust features, CookieYes offers seamless integration with multiple platforms, making it easy to implement across your entire organization.
Features of CookieYes:
- Auto scans: Automatically scan your website for cookies and generate a report detailing all the cookies on your website.
- Cookie notice report: Create a fully customized cookie notice that will be displayed to users when they first visit your website.
- Easy installation: Install the CookieYes Consent Management Platform with just a few clicks.
- Consent Banner: A fully customizable banner that allows you to inform users about the cookies present on your website and obtain their consent.
- Cookie Auto-Blocking: Automatically block cookies that are not consented to by users.
- Consent Log: Keep a log of all user consents for GDPR compliance purposes.
- Flexible Integrations: Seamlessly integrate the Consent Management Platform with popular CMSs, eCommerce platforms, and web applications.
CookieYes offer a free plan and 3 premium pricing triers, as you can see below:
- Free: $0
- Basic: $10 per month per domain
- Pro: $20 per month per domain
- Ultimate: $40 per month per domain
All premium plans include a 14-day free trial with a credit card required.
Usercentrics offers a comprehensive consent management platform for GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, and POPIA compliance for websites and apps.
The software is designed to help businesses comply with major privacy laws by unifying consent and data from capture to processing, providing transparency for all cookie usage and tracking technologies on your website.
The best feature of Usercentrics is its powerful Cookiebot CMP which scans websites to detect all cookies, trackers, and Trojan horses.
The software then provides an inventory of all cookies and trackers on a website, along with detailed information about each cookie or tracker, making it easy to understand and manage data collection on your website.
Usercentrics also offers compatibility with most marketing tools, such as Analytics, Tracking, Retargeting, and more, providing seamless integration with your existing marketing stack.
Usercentrics offers a highly customizable consent management solution tailored to the website owner’s specific needs and provides a user-friendly interface for managing user consent.
Key features of Usercentrics:
- Data mapping: See where your data is being collected, processed, and stored and use it to create a CMS tailored to your specific needs.
- Integrations: Integrate with popular marketing, advertising, and analytics platforms to ensure you get the most out of your Consent Management software.
- Server-side storage: With server-side storage, you can keep your Consent Management solution up and running even if your website goes down.
- Bulk consent: Give users the ability to consent to all cookies or trackers on your website with just one click.
- Customizable design: Choose from a variety of Consent Management software designs to match the look and feel of your website.
- 46 supported languages: Consent Management software is available in 46 languages, making it easy to get started no matter your location.
- Cookies and Trackers Auto-blocking: Automatically blocks cookies and trackers that are not allowed on your website.
- Audit trails: You can see who has accessed your Consent Management solution and when.
Usercentrics offer a free plan and pricing triers for both websites and Apps:
- Free plan: $0
- Advanced: $60 per month
- Premium: Custom pricing, features, and support.
- Start: $6 per month
- Advanced: Custom pricing
- Premium: Custom pricing
All Usercentric’s plans include a free trial.
Securiti offers a cutting-edge AI-powered privacy and data protection solution that helps organizations discover, manage and protect sensitive data across multiple environments, including cloud, SaaS, and on-premises systems.
The consent management platform provides a full suite of privacy compliance capabilities, simplifying the process with robotic automation and a natural language interface.
With Securiti, you can easily identify sensitive data across systems, automate data privacy, security, and governance functions, and streamline DSR (data subject requests) with robotic automation.
The platform’s natural language interface allows for easy navigation and management of user access to data, monitoring of user activity, and enforcement of security policies.
Securiti also offers specialized silos for each cloud environment, ensuring data privacy and security, governance, compliance and providing a fully functional privacy center, fully automated backend, and integrated privacy regulation intelligence.
Key features of Securiti:
- Sensitive data identification: Quickly discover and assess the risk of sensitive data across your organization’s systems.
- People data grapher: Automatically map data relationships to help you better understand how information flows within your organization.
- Incident management: Identify, investigate, and resolve data privacy incidents quickly and efficiently.
- Vendor risk management: Manage third-party vendor risks with ease.
- PIA / DPIA: Streamline the process of conducting a privacy impact assessment or data protection impact assessment.
- AUTI, expert bot assistance: Get expert help from Securiti’s artificial intelligence-powered chatbot.
- Data mapping automation: Automatically map data relationships to help you better understand how information flows within your organization.
Securiti offers a free trial, and pricing is available on request depending on the features you need.
4. Secure Privacy.
The platform simplifies and automates the tedious work of compliance with these regulations, saving businesses time and money while ensuring compliance with data privacy laws.
My favourite features of Secure Privacy are its powerful cookie and SSL scanning capabilities, which allow you to identify and manage cookies and trackers on your website quickly.
In addition, Secure Privacy offers a complete solution easily integrated into major CMS software and internet platforms, making it easy to implement across your entire organization.
With its user-friendly interface, businesses can generate high-performing block illegal cookies, cookie banners, and document consent with the leading cookie banner solution.
If you looking for consent management platforms that have multiple languages, Secure Privacy supports over 70 languages, making it accessible to many businesses and organizations.
Key features of Secure Privacy:
- Cookie consent banner: Create a cookie consent banner in any language and customize it to match your brand.
- Cookie and SSL certificate scanner: Scan your website for cookies and SSL certificates to ensure they are up to date.
- Controls audit: Get access to an audit of all the cookies and trackers on your website.
- Consent log: Keep a log of all consent given so you can easily comply with GDPR, CCPA, and LGPD.
- Supports over 70 languages: Secure Privacy supports over 70 languages so that you can create a cookie consent banner in any language.
- Preference center: Allow users to manage their preferences and opt out of cookies they don’t want.
Secure Privacy pricing:
Secure Privacy offers 4 pricing tiers to choose from, namely:
- Basic: $10
- Plus: $15 per website per month
- Business: $25 per website per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
All Secure Privacy plans include a 7-day free trial.
5. Mine PrivacyOps.
Mine PrivacyOps is a cutting-edge data privacy operations platform that puts consumers and user experience at the forefront. The platform allows you to create automated workflows with consent and privacy request, data mapping, management, and risk assessment.
One of the standout features of Mine PrivacyOps is its robust data subject request (DSR) and data subject access request (DSAR) facilitation flow, which is the fastest in the market, and its AI-powered discovery and control of data sources. This makes it easy to comply with data protection regulations and ensures that your business complies with the latest laws.
Mine PrivacyOps offers seamless integration with over 500 SaaS data sources, including Salesforce, HubSpot, Shopify, Klaviyo, Zendesk, and dozens more, without the need for coding skills. This makes it straightforward to start data privacy operations and ensures that your business can quickly and easily comply with data protection regulations.
It’s one of the Consent Management Platforms that offers a scalable privacy infrastructure for consumers, allowing them to easily control their data and ensure that you can meet their needs and preferences.
Key features of Mine PrivacyOps:
- Privacy impact assessments: Quickly and easily assess the privacy impact of data sources, ensuring that you can make informed decisions about which data to collect and how to process it.
- Identity verification: Verify the identity of data subjects, ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to their data.
- Data access governance: Control who has access to what data and when ensuring that only authorized individuals can access sensitive data.
- Data subject access requests: Respond to data subject access requests, ensuring that you can comply with data protection regulations.
- Privacy impact assessments: Assess the privacy impact of data sources, ensuring that you can make informed decisions about which personal data to collect and how to process it.
- Breach notification: Notify data subjects of unauthorized access to their data, ensuring that they are aware of any risks to their privacy.
- De-identification and pseudonymization: Anonymize or pseudonymize data to ensure it cannot be used to identify individuals.
Mine PrivacyOps pricing:
Mine PrivacyOps offers 4 pricing editions, from $0 to $1,650.
Look at different pricing editions below and see what editions and features meet your budget and needs.
- Free: $0 (free forever)
- Pro: $420 per month
- Advanced: $830 per month
- Complete: $1650 per month.
A free trial of Mine PrivacyOps is also available on each premium plan.
Segment is a fully featured customer data platform that helps engineering teams at companies improve their data infrastructure and comply with data privacy regulations.
This consent management platform collects web and mobile app events and provides a complete data toolkit that allows companies to collect, unify, and route customer data into any system to understand their customers better and create compelling experiences in real time.
The main feature of Segment is its ability to enable product, BI, and marketing teams to access over 200 integrations (Mixpanel, Salesforce, Marketo, Redshift, etc.) through a central dashboard to optimize customer preferences for growth and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations.
Segment also enables the best product analytics, A/B testing, and data warehouse tools with one API to collect analytics data across any platform. This makes it easy to implement a consistent data privacy strategy across your organization.
The platform also offers a centralized dashboard for user consent, cookie, and data request management making it easy for the teams to understand their customer data and make data-driven decisions while complying with data privacy regulations.
Key features of Segment:
- Cross-domain analytics: Collect data from multiple domains and analyze it in a single dashboard.
- Process management: Automate collecting, unifying, and routing customer data to various systems.
- Data connectors: Segment has pre-built integrations with over 200 popular tools, making it easy to get started quickly.
- Engagement monitoring: Track customer engagement and identify areas for improvement.
- Data capture and delivery: Collects data from multiple sources and delivers it to your systems in real time.
- Campaign personalization: Create personalized campaigns based on customer preferences.
- Website personalization: Personalize your website content for each visitor.
- Customer Segmentation: Segment your customers based on their preferences and behaviors.
Segment Mine PrivacyOps offers 4 pricing editions, from $0 per month to custom, as listed below:
- Free: $0
- Team: $120 per month
- Business: Customer Pricing Custom
Their business plan offers a Single Volume View of the Customer Data, Governance, Advanced Roles, and permissions Historical replay.
OneTrust GRC is a market-leading trust intelligence platform that helps companies put trust at the center of their operations and culture by connecting data, teams, and processes.
The platform is designed to connect Privacy, GRC, ethics, ESG teams, data, and processes, enabling companies to identify, measure, and remediate risk across their business, including data privacy and consent management.
OneTrust GRC is considered one of the best Consent Management Platforms on the market, that a wide range of features to help companies achieve compliance with various data privacy regulations. It also includes customizable branding options to create a cohesive, branded look for its risk management program.
The platform also provides tools and features to help organizations deliver regulatory compliance, trusted data, and proactive risk management. This makes it easy to scale risk and security functions and keep your company and supply chain resilient.
OneTrust GRC offers a user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to manage user consent, cookie management, and data request management.
It also offers a centralized dashboard to manage all aspects of data privacy, making it easy for teams to understand their customer data and make data-driven decisions while complying with data privacy regulations.
Key features of OneTrust:
- Exceptions management: OneTrust GRC provides a centralized view of all exceptions, making identifying and resolving potential risks easy.
- Process and workflow automation: Automate key processes and workflows associated with risk management, saving time and resources.
- Self-service portal: Give stakeholders direct access to risk management information and tools, fostering transparency and collaboration.
- Reputational risk management: Monitor and manage reputational risks associated with your company, brand, or product.
- OSHA compliance: Ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Archiving and retention: Automatically archive and retain risk management data for future reference and analysis.
- Automated routing: Route risks to the appropriate stakeholders for review and remediation.
- HIPAA compliant: OneTrust GRC complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
OneTrust is available across various module-based pricing plans outlined below. Pricing starts at:
- Consent Rate Optimization: $30 per month
- Targeted Data Discovery: $110 per month (per system); $550 per month (unlimited)
- Privacy Requests/DSAR: $165 per month
- Targeted Data Discovery – 5 Systems: $275 per month
- Data Mapping: $165 per month
- Data Guidance Research Portal: $165 per month (single user); $330 per month (unlimited)
Related article: 7 Best Online Community Platforms
What are Consent Management Platforms?
In other words, it’s software to help keep your website compliant with global privacy regulations.
But what does that mean in practice?
Simply put, a CMP provides a central place for users to view and manage their consent preferences.
This means that, instead of navigating through a maze of privacy settings, users can see all their options in one place and make changes if they desire.
For website publishers, a CMP also allows for easier compliance tracking to rest assured that you’re not accidentally breaking any rules.
Benefits of Consent Management Platforms.
So, you’ve decided to implement a consent management platform!
You’re making an excellent decision for your business. But what are the benefits of using one of these platforms?
Comply with data privacy laws
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a set of regulations that European Union member states must implement to protect digital data privacy.
The GDPR was enacted in April 2018, requiring businesses to get explicit consent from users before collecting, using, or sharing their data.
If you do business in the EU, you must comply with the GDPR. A consent management platform can help you get explicit consent from users and keep track of their preferences to stay compliant with the GDPR.
Create a better user experience
Users are becoming more and more aware of their rights when it comes to their personal data.
They expect to be able to control how their data is used, and they will go to great lengths to avoid giving their consent if they don’t trust a company.
A consent management platform can help you create a better user experience by making it easy for users to fully understand what they’re consenting to and allowing them to change their preferences at any time.
Collect accurate data
To make informed decisions, you need accurate data. A consent management platform can help you collect accurate data by tracking which users have given their consent and which haven’t.
This way, you can be sure that you’re only collecting data from users who have given explicit consent.
Gain customer insights:
A consent management platform can help you gain insights into your customers’ preferences and how they change over time.
You can use this information to improve your marketing campaigns and ensure you’re always sending the right message to the right people.
Improve marketing campaigns:
If you’re using a consent management platform, you can be sure that you’re only sending marketing messages to users who have given explicit consent.
Thus, your marketing campaigns will be more effective and avoid annoying users who don’t want to receive your marketing materials.
As you can see, there are many benefits to using a consent management platform. A consent management platform is an excellent solution if you’re doing business in the EU or simply looking to improve your user experience.
What are the Common Features of the Consent Management Platforms?
Have you ever been in a situation where you had to consent to something but didn’t know what you agreed to?
If so, you’ve probably been a victim to poorly designed consent management platforms.
Fortunately, these platforms all have common features, including:
Sensitive Data Discovery
A consent management platform must be able to discover sensitive data stored in databases, file systems, or even application codes.
Without this feature, it would be difficult for organizations that want their processes monitored when collecting personal information from users.
The tool should identify where on your system you store any personally identifiable info (PII) like names, addresses, age, etc.; then give specific details regarding what type/formats are involved so there’s no guesswork whatsoever during
User Privacy Preferences
The right platform should let users set their privacy preferences to include specifying the types of data they want to share, how long it’s okay for others (i., e., organizations) / whom you’re ready to make this info publically available on request instead.
There shouldn’t be an option where all your details are accessible without verification first!
These settings can also easily change whenever desired, meaning things don’t get stale mid-stream as other platforms do.
Centralized Management Console
Centralized management consoles give you a single access point to your consent requests, letting you track their progress and make necessary changes.
It’s easy for new users who need guidance on how the system works or even just an update in case something goes wrong with one request because they can log into centralized databases that are updated automatically!
Comprehensive Audit Logs
Audit logs help you to identify potential security threats and investigate data breaches.
They are used to demonstrate compliance with data privacy regulations. Audit logs must be complete, accurate, and up to date to be effective. Consent management platforms should review their audit logs regularly to ensure they meet these criteria.
Audit logs are essential to any consent management platform and should not be overlooked.
Integrating with your CRM, ERP, or email marketing platform is key to ensuring that all the data related to consent requests are up to date.
A good integration should provide flexibility in terms of what information you want them to integrate into their system and automatize any manual processes so they can be done automatically according to a specific schedule (for example, every week).
Your consent management platform should have an easy-to-use dashboard.
You can easily monitor what’s happening with your system at any moment!
This information will be essential for keeping track of all forms that are created, pending, and who have signed.
It ensures everyone reads/completes their part per your policy guidelines (so no one slips through!).
It also helps keep tabs by ensuring you know when everyone submitted his signature, so there isn’t a discrepancy between how long ago he did so versus myself checking my records after hours due to confusion over whether
Best consent management platforms: Wrap up.
With data privacy, compliance with regulations such as the GDPR is crucial. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in hefty fines and damage your company’s reputation.
To help streamline the compliance process, consent management platforms (CMPs) offer a range of tools and features to ensure your business complies with data privacy regulations.
We’ve compiled a list of the seven best consent management platforms for you to consider, including CookieYes, Usercentrics, Securiti, Secure Privacy, Mine PrivacyOps, Segment, and OneTrust GRC.
Each platform offers unique features and capabilities, making it suitable for different types of businesses and organizations.
The clock is ticking- are you GDPR compliant? If not, time to get on that! Have you tried any of these consent management tools? Let us know in the comments.
Last Updated on 01/15/2023 by Isaac Sseyonga