Looking for a camera that can do it all? The Panasonic Lumix GH6 may be just what you’re looking for. This powerful camera can handle everything from portraits to landscapes to action shots with ease.
Panasonic has been in the business of making cameras for years, and they have finally created one that can do everything you need without breaking your budget.
It shoots 4K video and stills at an impressive 24 frames per second, which means you won’t miss those precious moments with your family or friends. It’s so easy to use because Panasonic designed it intuitive for anyone who wants to take amazing pictures and videos every day.
What is the Panasonic Lumix GH6?
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 is the latest addition to Panasonic’s G.H. series of mirrorless cameras.
The primary feature of this camera that makes it stand out from others on the market is its 4K video capability. This new mirrorless camera also has a 16MP MOS Sensor and a fast, stepping autofocus system.
(Image credit: Tech Radar)
Until now, Panasonic has added 4K video to its G-series camera. The primary difference between the GH6 and other models is that this one can shoot at up to 60fps. This feature allows users to capture moments too fast for human eyes to see, making this an excellent tool for professional videographers.
The GH6 can capture high-resolution images, has a silent mode for quiet shooting, uses the entire width of the 4/3 sensor when you shoot in 16:9 format, and can utilize firmware updates.
These are the features that make it a standout camera.
1. The camera is a Micro Four Thirds camera, which gives it a compact and lightweight body.
2. It has a 20.3-megapixel sensor that produces high-quality images.
3. The camera can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second, making it great for videographers.
4. It has 5-axis image stabilization, which helps to keep videos and photos free of blurriness and shaking.
5. The camera comes with two S.D. card slots, which allows for more storage space and flexibility in how photos and videos are saved.
6. The louver, or reflex mirror, doesn’t open up when you’re focusing on a subject. It doesn’t fall back into place right away after it’s done recording or taking photos, which reduces noise and gives the camera extremely low-noise performance levels.
7. There are 12 options for aspect ratios on the camera, making it possible to shoot in formats like 4:3 and 16:9.
8. The camera has a 100% field of view focus magnification, which is excellent for manual focusing when recording video or using the live-view feature on the LCD touchscreen display.
9. It uses an external microphone input, which means you can use your choice of microphone.
10. The camera has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for connecting to different devices wirelessly.
11. You can choose from six different auto-focusing modes on the camera, which include face/eye priority and tracking AF.
12. It has an ISO range of up to 25600, allowing you to shoot in low light, even when there’s not much available.
13. This camera supports UHS-II memory cards.
14. The camera uses the entire width of a 4/3 sensor when shooting photos or video in 16:9 format, giving you higher resolution images and video than other models that use only the central part of the sensor for this purpose.
15. It has 6K PHOTO mode for capturing still pictures from videos shot at 30fps.
Does it work for the average consumer?
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 is an excellent camera that can shoot 4K videos with ease. Its 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output and XLR inputs allow for high-quality audio recordings, adding to the quality of your videos.
The GH6 is also a great camera for photographers looking to shoot portraits and landscapes, as it has excellent autofocus capabilities.
However, this variety in functions is not the best option for consumers looking to take photos.
This is an excellent choice for consumers who want a camera that does it all. However, if you are looking for something more simplistic and only need one function, the Panasonic Lumix GH6 will likely be too complex to use.
What does it come with?
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 comes with many different accessories.
It includes the camera itself, an HDMI cable that allows for 4K video output, a battery charger that can be plugged into either 120 or 240 volts, two batteries, and several manuals on using the camera.
There is also a separate case that can be purchased for this camera, which allows you to attach all of your other accessories and add extra protection to your GH6 while you are traveling or moving around with it.
A shoulder strap and battery grip are available for purchase by consumers who need more options to shoot photos and videos, but these are not included in the original packaging.
What does it cost?
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 goes on sale in march 2022 at £1,999.99 / $2199.99 / €2199.99 body only.
You can also purchase it with an additional battery and battery charger at the same price or two batteries and a shoulder strap for $200 more than the base price.
What other options are available?
Due to dual I.S, these cameras have slightly better image stabilization than the GH6. Still, they lack some of their video recording capabilities, especially when it comes to frame rates.
The GH5 can shoot 4K videos at 60fps, while the GH4 can only at 30fps.
How does it compare to other cameras on the market?
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 has many features and functions that make it a standout camera on the market.
Its ability to take high-quality still images and 4K ultra H.D. videos and add two XLR inputs for better audio quality when shooting video make it stand apart from other cameras in its class.
However, some features do not compare favorably to those on other cameras. The GH6 has a smaller battery and lacks weatherproofing and internal stabilization, whereas some of its competitors have these options available.
Which one should I choose?
(Image credit: Tech Radar)
If you are looking for a camera that can do almost anything, you cannot go wrong with Panasonic’s Lumix GH6.
Though it has some slight differences from its other G.H. line cameras, this is the best option for consumers who want something that does not limit them in what they can shoot.
It’s important to note that this camera will likely be too complex for people looking only to take simple photos or videos.
Cons of owning the GH6.
1. The camera has a short battery life of 290 photos on a full charge.
2. It takes about 90 seconds for the camera to start up, which is longer than many other cameras currently on the market today.
3. There are no headphones or microphone jacks on the GH6, making it more difficult for videographers who need accurate sound levels when recording.
4. The camera has a relatively small battery (DMW-BLF19PP), which means that storms are more expensive in the long run than if it takes larger batteries.
5. It doesn’t have in-body image stabilization, so it can’t use third-party lenses with this feature.
6. The camera can’t shoot 4K video at 60 frames per second in every setting. It will only do this if you’re shooting in the “FHD” format, which most people don’t use.
Is the GH6 right for you?
If you want a lightweight camera with excellent image quality suitable for videographers, the GH6 might be right for you.
It’s especially ideal if you like shooting in a 4K video and using manual focus and the option to switch between different aspect ratios. If you need a camera with high-quality sound or long battery life, this isn’t the right choice for you.
Who should use the Panasonic Lumix GH6 camera?
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 is great for anyone who shoots stills or videos professionally and recreationally. This camera has a massive range of features, especially its ability to shoot in 4K. It is also very reasonably priced at under $1,597 for the body only and even less when you purchase it with a lens or two.
The biggest drawback to the GH6 is that some users have reported problems using this camera for stills.
It seems the autofocus may be too slow for those who need to capture fast-moving objects, and it doesn’t work well in low light conditions. If you shoot many action photos or low-light images, this may not be the best camera for you.
Panasonic Lumix GH6 veddict.
The Panasonic Lumix GH6 is a Micro Four Thirds camera that does it all. It has many features that make it a standout camera on the market, and it compares favorably to other cameras in its class, such as the Sony A7S II. The pros and cons of owning the GH6 are weighed, and you are left to decide if it’s the right camera for you.
Last Updated on 07/13/2022 by Firoz Hosasin